Friday, September 23

'twas the night before a birthday...

'Twas the night before a birthday and i wish i was asleep
Little Davis wasn't stirring, we didnt hear a peep.
The Veggie Tales were quiet, not singing their song,
Mom and Dad were thankful as it plays all day long;



Davis was nestled all snug in his bed,
With blanket and bear snuggled close to his head;
And me in my tshirt, and Matt in his shorts,
Had shuffled the DVR for a dateline mystery of sorts.

When all of a sudden a thought in my head arose,
I sprung from the couch to see where it goes.
Away to the kitchen I flew like a flash,
Tore open the pantry and made green cupcakes in a dash.


Balloons on the floor would be a great touch
For when he woke up, he'd giggle so much,
He'll want to touch them and throw them and hug them and play,

But too much too do to stay in his room all day.

Strawberries and pancakes with sprinkles galore,
This is a meal he wont throw on the floor.

Then off we go for a fun day at school,
the balloons will have to wait for his afternoon fuel;


"It's Ben! And Gabe! And Sean! and Ms Bell!
And Dia! Ms Heather! and Ashton and Ciel
Playing with toys and my buddies is great!
Birthdays at preschool with cupcakes? Cant wait!"


We painted! We played! We had so much fun!

And scarfed down the cupcakes like life won't go on.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Davis and friends were hungry blood hounds..








Such a full day with fun things galore,

This happy kid is two and and we love him for sure.
But I heard him exclaim, as he ran out of sight,
"Happy Birthday to me, and don't make me go nite-nite!!"

1 comment:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Cute! I can't believe he is 2!